: India, South East Asia, South-West Asia, Laos, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, Hong-Kong, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar-Burma, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, The Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen|
1. Welcome, lone traveler from Ashburn!
Here under Asia, you will find travel information classified by country, city or region of Asia, as well as general information.
With a land area of 19 million square miles, and a population of over 4 billion, Asia is the world's largest continent. It is also an area with deep historic roots and rich vegetal and animal life. The world's major religions (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) all have their roots in Asia. Geographically speaking, Asia is in fact a subdivison of Eurasia.
The regions of Asia are:
- North Asia: Siberia (part of Russia) and parts of Kazakhstan
2. Main article
- Central Asia: Central Asian Republics of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan, Mongolia, and the western regions of China, former Soviet states in the Caucasus region
- East Asia (or Far East): Taiwan, Japan, North and South Korea, eastern regions of China, Mongolia and Vietnam
- Southeast Asia: Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, the Philippines, Singapore and Indonesia
- South Asia (or Indian Subcontinent): India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the Maldives
- Southwest Asia (or West Asia; also called Middle East): Asian part of Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, the Asian part of Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Yemen, Kuwait, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Iran (Persia)